By now, you're probably already heating up the crock pot, cooking the beans, sorting the wings and ordering the pizza. You've got your Super Bowl meal sorted out as you get ready to watch the New England Patriots take on the New York Giants.
But have you considered dessert? A box of doughnut holes isn't gonna cut it. But you know what will?
Chocolate-Covered Bacon (Via A Boston Food Diary’s Fiona Coxe)
Here's what you'll need:
- 5 strips of bacon, cut in half to create 10 smaller pieces
- 2 1 oz square of semisweet chocolate
- Lay the bacon flat on a baking sheet lined with tinfoil, bake at 400 degrees until crisp.
- Remove from baking sheet, and set aside to cool.
- Fill the sauce pot with water until it is just touching the bottom of the glass bowl. Bring the water to a boil, and add the chocolate squares.
- Monitor the water to make sure it doesn't boil over.
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, dip the pieces of bacon into it, using a silicone brush to fill any cavities and to brush off excess chocolate.
- Place the coated pieces onto a piece of wax paper and allow to cool and harden.
- Eat your chocolate-covered bacon!