Thursday's TV schedule, complete with channels and times, customized for the Boston sports fan. Click on any team's name for complete schedules, scores, and previews, plus an active community devoted to your team. All times ET.
National Football League
- Preseason, Week 2: New England Patriots vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 7:30 p.m. (TV/Radio: CBS/98.5 The Sports Hub): Tom Brady and the Patriots take on the Buccaneers in the second preseason game of the young season. Reports indicate that the starters will see some playing time tonight, unlike the preseason opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars - a 47-12 win for the Patriots. Follow along with our stream.
- Preseason, Week 2: Philadelphia Eagles vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:00 p.m. (FOX)
Major League Baseball
- Boston Red Sox vs. Kansas City Royals - 8:10 p.m. (TV/Radio: NESN/WEEI): Adrian Gonzalez and the slumping Red Sox travel to Kansas City to open a new series with the Royals. Josh Beckett is the starter for Boston and enters the night with a 9-5 record and a 2.40 ERA. Luke Hochevar (8-9, 4.89 ERA) will start for the Royals.
- Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Milwaukee Brewers, 2:00 p.m. (MLB Network)
- San Francisco Giants vs. Atlanta Braves, 7:00 p.m. (MLB Network)
More sports on TV Thursday after the jump.
Major League Soccer
D.C. United vs. Chicago, 9:00 p.m. (ESPN2)
Little League World Series
- Taiwan vs. Mexico, 1:00 p.m. (ESPN)
- Montana vs. South Dakota, 3:00 p.m. (ESPN)
- Aruba vs. Japan, 5:00 p.m. (ESPN2)
- Georgia vs. Louisiana, 8:00 p.m. (ESPN)
- European: Czech Open, 9:00 a.m. (The Golf Channel)
- Senior Players Championship, 12:30 p.m. (The Golf Channel)
- PGA: Wyndham Championship, 3:00 p.m. (The Golf Channel)
- ATP Western & Southern Open, 11:00 a.m. (ESPN2)
- ATP Western & Southern Open, 7:00 p.m. (ESPN2)