The New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts renew one of the last decade's better regular season rivalries when the perennial contenders meet in Week 11 at Gillette Stadium in New England. At 7-2, the Patriots are one game clear of the New England Patriots heading into Sunday afternoon's game. The winner has the leg up on the other for playoff seeding heading into the final six weeks of the season. All too often in sports, the actual games don't live up to the hype. But in this rivalry, that's not been the case. The last five meetings have all been decided by seven points or fewer.
Here's a few notes on each team.
- Since 2000, (incl. postseason), NE has 5-2 record at home against Colts.
- Incl. playoffs, QB Tom Brady has 7-4 record against Colts & has completed 234 of 356 passes (65.7 pct.) for 2,650 yards w/ 20 TDs vs. 12 INTs & 92.6 passer rating. Brady has won 24 consecutive regular-season games at home as starter, 2nd-longest streak by QB in NFL history (Brett Favre, 25 in 1995-98).
- RB Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis averages 93.3 rush yards per game when he has 15+ att. in '10 (373 total in 4 games).
- WR Wes Welker had 9 rec. for 94 yards (10.4 avg.) in last game vs. Colts. Welker tied season-high with 8 rec. last week & season-best 89 rec. yards.
- WR-KR Brandon Tate averages 16.7 yards per catch (18 rec., 301 yards) in '10.
- Last week, rookie TE Rob Gronkowski (2nd round, No. 42) became 1st rookie TE w/ 3 TD catches in game in 20 years (Steelers' Eric Green on 10/14/90).
- DT Mike Wright had season-high 1.5 sacks last week & has career-best 5.5 sacks in '10.
- Club aims for 3rd consecutive win at NE
- In past 6 against NE (incl. postseason), QB PEYTON MANNING has 5-1 record & has completed 140 of 220 passes (63.6 pct.) for 1,802 yards w/ 13 TDs vs. 6 INTs & 97.6 passer rating. Manning has 300+ passing yards in 4 of 5 on road in '10 & has 11 TDs vs. 3 INT & 98.0 passer rating in those 5. Has 118.2 4th-quarter passer rating in past 3 vs. NE.
- Rookie RB JAVARRIS JAMES (undrafted free agent) has 3 rush TDs in past 2 games.
WR REGGIE WAYNE had 10 rec. for 126 yards (12.6 avg.) w/ 2 TDs in last game vs. Patriots. Manning & Wayne have combined for 64 TDs & can tie JIM KELLY & ANDRE REED (65) for 4th-most TDs by QB-WR in NFL history.
- WR PIERRE GARCON had TD catch in last meeting vs. Patriots.
- TE JACOB TAMME leads NFL TEs in rec. (24) & receiving yards (245) in November.
- Colts had season-high 3 INTs last week.
- DE ROBERT MATHIS has 4 sacks in past 3 against NE. Aims for 3rd consecutive game with sack...