Who will get home-field advantage in the World Series? That question will be answered Tuesday, when the 2012 MLB-All Star Game will played (7:30 p.m. ET on FOX) at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City. For the 83rd time, the National League will take on the American League in the "Summer Classic", which features the winner of the contest earning home-field advantage for the champion of its respective league.
Defending Cy Young Award and MVP Award winner Justin Verlander (9-5, 2.58 ERA) of the Detroit Tigers will start for the AL squad and oppose the NL's Matt Cain (9-3, 2.62 ERA) of the San Francisco Giants.
The starting lineups will look like this:
1. Derek Jeter, Yankees, SS
2. Robinson Cano, Yankees, 2B
3. Josh Hamilton, Rangers, LF
4. Jose Bautista, Blue Jays, RF
5. Prince Fielder, Tigers, 1B
6. Adrian Beltre, Rangers, 3B
7. David Ortiz, Red Sox, DH
8. Mike Napoli, Rangers, C
9. Curtis Granderson, Yankees, CF
1. Carlos Gonzalez, Rockies, DH
2. Melky Cabrera, Giants, CF
3. Ryan Braun, Brewers, LF
4. Joey Votto, Reds, 1B
5. Carlos Beltran, Cardinals, RF
6. Buster Posey, Giants, C
7. Pedro Sandoval, Giants, 3B
8. Dan Uggla, Braves, 2B
9. Rafael Furcal, Cardinals, SS
For more on the Home Run Derby, please be sure to check out our blog Over The Monster,SB Nation and SB Nation Boston for all the latest news and updates.