Friday's TV schedule, complete with channels and times, customized for the Boston sports fan. Click on any team's name for complete schedules, scores, and previews, plus an active community devoted to your team. All times ET.
Major League Baseball
- Oakland Athletics vs. Boston Red Sox - 7:10 p.m. (TV/Radio: NESN/WEEI): With Hurricane Irene charging forward, the Red Sox and A's will open up a series at Fenway Park featuring three games in two days, with the series opener on Friday night. Tim Wakefield will once again try to notch his 200th career win as he gets the start for Boston. Wake is 6-5 with a 4.97 ERA this season. Gio Gonzalez (10-11, 3.24 ERA) will start for Oakland.
- Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers, 8:00 p.m. (MLB Network)
More sports on TV Friday after the jump.
National Football League
NFL Preseason, Week 3: Green Bay Packers vs. Indianapolis Colts, 8:00 p.m. (CBS)
CFL: Hamilton vs. Winnipeg, 8:00 p.m. (NFL Network)
- European: Johnnie Walker Championship, 9:30 a.m. (The Golf Channel)
- US Amateur, 1:00 p.m. (The Golf Channel)
- PGA: The Barclays, 3:00 p.m. (The Golf Channel)
- Champions: Boeing Classic, 6:30 p.m. (The Golf Channel)
- LPGA: Canadian Open (tape delay), 12:00 a.m. (The Golf Channel)
- ATP Winston-Salem Open, 12:00 p.m. (ESPN2)
- WTA New Haven Open, 2:00 p.m. (ESPN2)
- WTA New Haven Open, 7:00 p.m. (ESPN2)
UEFA Super Cup: Barcelona vs. Porto, 2:30 p.m. (Fox Sports Channel)
NASCAR Nationwide: Food City 250, 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)