UMass football recruiting takes on a new meaning this offseason, as the Minutemen prepare to embark upon a journey they have never encountered. Starting with the 2012 season, UMass makes the jump to Division I football where it will play in the Mid- American Conference while playing its home games at Gillette Stadium, home of the Patriots.
As of Wednesday morning, a.k.a. National Signing Day, UMass has eight players verbally committed to the school. Here's a list of UMass' committed recruits, courtesy of Scout.com.
UMASS FOOTBALL - COMMITTED RECRUITS (AS OF WEDNESDAY, FEB. 1)
- Stacey Bedell (RB, William Floyd H.S./Mastic Beach, NY; 3-Star Recruit; Verbal)
- A.J. Doyle (QB, Catholic Memorial School/West Roxbury, MA; 2-Star Recruit; Verbal)
- Julian Kaminoff (S, New Hope-Solebury H.S./New Hope, PA; 2-Star Recruit; Verbal)
- Michael Boland (OT, Georgetown Prep./North Bethesda, MD; 2-Star Recruit; Verbal)
- Joe Jones (RB, North Gwinnett H.S./Suwanee, GA; Verbal)
- Jaurice Jones (WR, Linden H.S./Linden, NJ; Verbal)
- Tajae Sharpe (WR, Piscataway Township H.S./Piscataway, NJ; Verbal)
- Cameron Mock (OT, Clayton H.S./Clayton, NM; Verbal)