The Celtics released the complete 2010-11 regular season schedule Tuesday. We already knew that Boston would open the 2010-11 NBA season by hosting the Heat on Oct. 26 (along with a game on Christmas Day at Orlando, and another on Jan. 17 at home against the Magic), but now we have a look at all 82 games.
Notes other games of interest:
- The night after opening against the Heat, Boston travels to Cleveland Oct. 27 as the Cavs begin their season (the first of 19 times the Celtics will play back-to-back games, tied for 17th most in the league)
- The Celtics and Heat face-off three more times after Opening Night: Nov. 11 in Miami, Feb. 13 in Boston and then April 10 in South Beach
- Four of the first six games are at home before the Celtics embark on a difficult, early four-game road trip: at Oklahoma City, Dallas, Miami and Memphis
- After their meetings on Christmas Day and Martin Luther King Day, the Celtics and Magic play again on Feb. 6, in Boston
- Boston's longest homestand is six straight games in January (Jan. 10-21), against the Rockets, Kings, Bobcats, Magic, Pistons and Jazz
- The longest road trip the Celtics face is four games, which they encounter on four separate occasions, including two West Coast trips (Blazers, Suns, Lakers and Kings Jan. 27-Feb. 1; Warriors, Nuggets, Clippers and Jazz Feb. 22-28)
- The Cavaliers make their only trip to Boston Jan. 25
- The Wizards and No. 1 overall pick John Wall visit Boston Nov. 17 and Apr. 8
- Boston faces the Lakers twice (in the regular season, at least): in Los Angeles on Jan. 30, and then in Boston Feb. 10
For more reaction and analysis visit CelticsBlog.