Our Patriots blog, Pats Pulpit, has the highlights from the first of two practices on Friday:
- Wide receiver Sam Aiken, who was out of action yesterday, took part in the team's practice today.
- Nick Kazcur got shaken up at one point in practice, with Dan Connolly taking his place at left guard.
- Defensive lineman Kyle Love and Ty Warren were also shaken up during practice, causing the team to be a little thin along the defensive line.
- Vince Wilfork, at one point during practice, got kicked out to end, with Gerard Warren sliding in to nose tackle. While it's still early, Gerard Warren has had a good start to camp thus far.
- Tom Brady looked really sharp again, particularly on the deep balls. He certainly is off to a better start than 2009 training camp.
- The Patriots' defense, for the second straight day, won the battle at the goal line. Tip of the cap to Tyrone McKenzie and Brandon Spikes, who both made big plays at the goal line. The offense was also forced to run a lap after failing to score. While some may point to the offense and it's goal line issues, I like what I've been hearing about the intensity on the defensive side of the ball. Belichick's "hands-on" work is definitely be showcased right now.
Head over to Pats Pulpit for a full recap, including Zoltan Mesko's day and the Play of the Practice (spoiler: it's a big hit).