SB Nation's CelticsBlog has a few early reactions to what Celtics fans will most likely consider an ugly game:
- As painful as it is to do it, I have to tip my cap to the Lakers. They executed when they needed to. I hate writing that.
- Horrible shooting night for Kobe but our lack of scoring let him stay in the game with an opportunity to win it.
- Ron Artest was brought in to beat us. Mission accomplished (against all odds).
- Rasheed Wallace was brought in to beat the Lakers. Mission not accomplished (though he came closer to it than any of us would have thought a few months agao).
- Credit the Laker defense, but the Celtics offense just couldn't get going tonight. Doc was imploring the team with "movement, movement, movement!"
- I kept waiting for Rondo to step up and take over. He had 14 points, 10 assists, and 8 rebounds, but I still feel like he could have done more.
The "what ifs" will be resonating for the next couple of days as C's fans wonder how it could have been different:
Man, if a couple of Ray shots fall... If a couple of rebounds bounce to us... If Ron Artest doesn't hit that 3 in the 4th...
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. It was close, but no cigar. Sorry Red, we'll get 'em next time.
For the Lakers fans take on things, visit Silver Screen and Roll.