Oklahoma remained on top in the first AP Top 25 poll of the 2011 college football regular season and LSU crept up to the No. 2 spot with its win over Oregon. Alabama is third in the latest poll, while Boise State rose to fourth and Florida State entered the top five at No. 5.
Boston College (0-1) and Connecticut (1-0) were unranked in the poll. The Eagles opened their season with a disappointing 24-17 loss to Northwestern on Saturday when UConn walloped Fordham, 35-3, in its opener.
Oregon slipped from the fourth spot all the way down to No. 13 after its loss to the Tigers. Auburn, the defending national champion, fell out of the top five completely after barely beating Utah State. Auburn started the year at No. 23.
Notre Dame, which suffered a bad loss to the South Florida Bulls (23-20), fell out of the poll. Georgia and USC also dropped out of the Top 25. No. 20 Baylor, No. 22 South Florida, No. 23 Penn State and No. 24 Texas ascended into the Top 25.
- Oklahoma Sooners (1-0; 32 first-place votes)
- LSU Tigers (1-0; 17 first-place votes)
- Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0; 9 first-place votes)
- Boise St. Broncos (1-0; 2 first-place votes)
- Florida St. Seminoles (1-0)
- Stanford Cardinal (1-0)
- Texas A&M Aggies (1-0)
- Wisconsin Badgers 91-0)
- Oklahoma St. Cowboys (1-0)
- Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-0)
- Virginia Tech Hokies (1-0)
- South Carolina Gamecocks (1-0)
- Oregon Ducks (0-1)
- Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0)
- Ohio St. Buckeyes (1-0)
- Mississippi St. Bulldogs (1-0)
- Michigan St. Spartans (1-0)
- Florida Gators (1-0)
- West Virginia Mountaineers (1-0)
- Baylor Bears (1-0)
- Missouri Tigers (1-0)
- South Florida Bulls (1-0)
- Penn St. Nittany Lions (1-0)
- Texas Longhorns (1-0)
- TCU Horned Frogs (0-1)