Oklahoma is on top of the world, at least the football team is. The Sooners received the top ranking in the nation in the AP Top 25 Preseason poll, which was released on Saturday. Boston College and UConn were not surprisingly unranked.
Oklahoma is on top of the world, at least the football team is. The Sooners received the top ranking in the nation in the AP Top 25 Preseason Poll, which was released on Saturday morning. Oklahoma received 1,464 points and 36 first-place votes.
Alabama (1,429 points), Oregon (1,330 points), LSU (1,286 points) and Boise State (1,220 points) round out the top five, with Bama receiving 17 first-place votes, Orgeon receiving four, LSU receiving one and Boise State getting one.
Boston College and UConn were not surprisingly unranked in both preseason polls, but they have an entire season ahead of them to work their way into the rankings. UConn appeared in the Fiesta Bowl last year while Boston College lost to Nevada in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
AP Top 25 Preseason Poll
- Oklahoma Sooners (1,464 points; 36 first-place votes)
- Alabama Crimson Tide (1,439 points; 17 first-place votes)
- Oregon Ducks (1,330 points; 4 first-place votes)
- LSU Tigers (1,286 points; 1 first-place vote)
- Boise State (1,200 points; 2 first-place votes)
- Florida State Seminoles (1,168 points)
- Stanford Cardinal (1,091 points)
- Texas A&M Aggies (965 points)
- Oklahoma State Cowboys (955 points)
- Nebraska Cornhuskers (910 points)
- Wisconsin Badgers (900 points)
- South Carolina Gamecocks (848 points)
- Virginia Tech Hokies (821 points)
- TCU Horned Frogs (690 points)
- Arkansas (686 points)
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (530 points)
- Michigan State Spartans (519 points)
- Ohio State Buckeyes (443 points)
- Georgia Bulldogs (369 points)
- Mississippi State Bulldogs (361 points)
- Missouri Tigers (258 points)
- Florida Gators (228 points)
- Auburn Tigers (219 points)
- West Virginia Mountaineers (207 points)
- USC Trojans (160 points)