In the Big East preseason poll that was released on Wednesday morning, the UConn Huskies were ranked ninth out of 15 programs, according to Big East Coast Bias.
The 2013 will be an entirely new experience altogether, with this being the first season that Jim Calhoun won't be behind the bench since 1986. Now, new head coach Kevin Ollie will attempt to continue the success Calhoun enjoyed for so many years.
Last season, the Huskies were defending champs and overcame quite a bit to finish with 20 wins and a NCAA Tournament berth, where they fell to the Iowa State Cyclones in the first round.
The complete poll results are as follows:
- Louisville Cardinals (15, all first place votes)
- Syracuse Orange (33)
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (49)
- Cincinnati Bearcats (63)
- Pittsburgh Panthers (78)
- Georgetown Hoyas (97)
- Marquette Golden Eagles (109)
- South Florida Bulls (123)
- Connecticut Huskies (159)
- St. John's Red Storm (163)
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights (167)
- Villanova Wildcats (171)
- Providence Friars (176)
- Seton Hall Pirates (188)
- DePaul Blue Demons (209)