Monday's TV schedule, complete with channels and times, customized for the Boston sports fan. Click on any team's name for complete schedules, scores, and previews, plus an active community devoted to your team. All times ET.
National Football League
- New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins, 7pm (TV: WCVB/ESPN, Radio: (98.5 The Sports Hub): This AFC East matchup is the early game in a Monday Night Football doubleheader. In two Monday night appearances last season, the Patriots were undefeated, easily beating Miami in October and the Jets in early December, scoring over 40 points in each game. Calling the game for ESPN will be Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden and Ron Jaworski, while former Boston media member Wendi Nix will be part of the channel’s reporting team on the ground in Miami. Boston ABC affiliate WCVB and Manchester, NH’s WMUR will carry ESPN’s feed.
- Monday Night Countdown, 5:00 p.m. (ESPN): ESPN’s parade of players/coaches-turned-analysts will predict and pontificate on the Patriots-Dolphins and Oakland Raiders-Denver Broncos contests. Former Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi is a member of said parade.
- Top Ten Mobile Quarterbacks, 7:30pm (TV: NFL Network): If you like scrappy scrambling quarterbacks as much as I do, you’ll eat up this 2007 NFL Films special. Fran Tarkington, Steve Young, Randall Cunningham - catch them if you can.
National Hockey League
- 2011 Eastern Conference Final and Stanley Cup Final Game 1, 8:00 p.m. (NHL Network): Relive the Boston Bruins' 2011 Stanley Cup trek as NHL Network plays the entire Eastern Conference Final series between the Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning during most of the morning and afternoon. At 8pm, the opening game of the Stanley Cup finals between the Bruins and Vancouver Canucks is on the docket.
- Boston College Eagles vs. Central Florida Knights, 5:00 p.m. (NESN): Miss Saturday’s Boston College football game and want to see the disappointing play of the Eagles for yourself? NESN has a concise two hour replay.
Major League Soccer